Saturday, March 28, 2009

Took a Kid Fishing - Pt. II

I took Drew fishing again.  He's the kid I took the previous year and caught a 33.5# blue.  I had gone nearly 20 trips in a row catching at least one citation fish, and had never gotten skunked on the James before.  If there was ever a trip I'd want a citation more than anything, it would be this one.  But it wasn't in the cards. 

Looking back, we probably should have focused upriver all day.  We started at Deep Bottom and worked our way downriver, eventually ending up below the Benjamin Harrison.  When we did get upriver, it was nearing time to take Drew home, and that's just when the bite started to pick up.  A couple friends who we chatted with upriver ended up having a fantastic night after we left.

On the bright side, Drew still had a blast.  I let him drive the boat most of the time, so he probably had just as much fun as he would have had he caught a monster.  Hopefully I can redeem myself the next time I take him fishing.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP