Saturday, March 21, 2009

Way to Go....Pops!

Took my future Father-In-Law fishing.  He accompanied me on many trips when I was first learning the river, and we basically paid our dues together.  He hadn't come fishing with me in a while since I switched to catfishing almost exclusively in cold weather.  He hadn't caught a citation yet, and with all the time I put in the previous winter, I was itching to put that knowledge to use and put him on a nice fish.

We got bait pretty easy that morning, then headed out to the main river.  We stopped adjacent to a grass flat and he boated a 22#.  We then moved on to a number of spots the rest of the day out on the main river in a little deeper water and didn't catch a single fish.  The day was winding down and I was eager to put him on some more fish, so we headed back to first spot of the day.  We should have never left it!

We started getting bites almost immediately.  He got a double 22.5# and 23.5#.  Another pole went down and I decided to fight my first fish for the day, and a nice one it was, but it spit the hook.  A while later, the moment finally came.  Pole goes down and up comes his first citation blue cat!

What a Fish!  36.7# - 41.5":

Double 23.5# and 22.5#:

What an exciting time at the last hole!  It eventually started to get dark so we made our way back to the ramp.  As we were loading up, we got to watch a teenage girl catch a 15# blue.  I don't think anyone in her family had ever seen a fish that big, so they were really stoked!  We said our congratulations to her.  Just a couple minutes after that, a little jon boat pulls up with three guys on it.  They're hootin' and hollerin' about a big fish they just caught, and one guy jumps off the boat and goes running by us saying he needs to go home and get his camera.  He was flying b/c I didn't even have time to tell him I would have gladly taken a picture for them and sent it to them.  They weighed it at the dock and it went just over 30#.  So looks like the day was full of P.B.'s for alot of people!  It doesn't get any better than that.........


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Totally Lost' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP